Thursday, November 5, 2009

Really? I didn't think I was dumb...

I consider myself a pretty savvy mom. I don't call the doctor over everything. If I call the doctor, he knows it's serious.

But today, not one but two of my kids fake sicked me out. With daddy in bed with a little worse than a man cold and a teething baby, I'm already not sleeping too well. I guess they just got in under the radar.

Leelee managed to fake it this morning. She had an actual temperature and if anything is over 99 degrees they are sending them home from school straight away. No other symptoms. Just the vague "I don't feel good" and she brought me the thermometer. Somehow she got just enough of a fever to stay home. One of those two sick to go to school (because everyone is terrified of swine flu) but too well to stay home.

The school called this afternoon and I knew it couldn't be good news. Ben who had claimed he was sick this morning and did not have a fever was now complaining of sore throat and tummy ache. These were the exact symptoms his friend A has. Great. Friend A has strep.

Meanwhile D is moaning and groaning and sleeping. He got up and played video games then went back to bed. I'm thinking we're going to have to institute the same rule for Daddy as the kids: If you're too sick to go to work or school you're too sick to have the TV and computer!

While I ran to pick up Ben (and Kari because I was not about to drive back to the school for her in an hour), I called the dr's office to try to figure out what medication D can take. Drug interactions and all that stuff. Ran to walmart with my "sick" kids in tow because I'm just that kind of as far as putting the car in park before realizing that I left my debit card at home. By the time I got back home, I found Leelee outside playing and DH snoozing. Thankfully the little terrorist three year old was also out cold so the damage to the house was minimal.

Back to Walmart I ran and picked up some meds. Came home and collapsed. I couldn't help it. Mama fell asleep.

When I woke up, the house was quiet. That's never a good thing, either. It was quiet because my "sick" children were all outside playing.

Somehow Ben managed to fool the school nurse, too.

Amazingly, the minute I ask anyone to do anything around here they are all too sick to move.

I am so done with this.

Everyone is going to school, including D, tomorrow. And for good measure I'm going to send them all to school Saturday, too. Punishment and all that.

1 comment:

Thanks and have a great day!