Tonight's party hostess is Christine....
I'm in a bit of a winter slump. There's not much to look forward to over the next couple of weeks. But then, it gets crazy. So much will go on in the space of three weeks I can hardly believe it. Like what?
- I'll be meeting a bloggy friend for reals. Her name is Jane and she kind of rocks. Do you know her?
- My in-laws are visiting from the UK.
- Spring Break begins.
- My brother and his family will visit.
- The hubs and I will go on a little getaway to San Fran.
- Spring Break ends.
- We hold an Easter Egg Hunt and celebrate spring with an Easter Dinner.
- J turns 5.
Yes, all of that will happen in the span of 3 weeks. So you can see why things feel a little blah right now. I want to get a move on with all the fun and instead I'm just sitting here with nothing to do but type (which reminds me, I'd better spend some time pre-typing for that crazy 3 weeks coming up when I won't have time to breathe, let alone write). To get over my blahs I'm focusing on some excitingly easy side dishes. The idea is that I can make a lazy dinner (throw some chicken breasts in the oven, maybe steam some broccoli) and put more energy into one interesting side dish to add pizzaz to dinner and hopefully lift my slump. So my side dishes will help chase away the blahs. What else will do the trick?
- Jane's grapefruit marmalade (yeah, she made that and then put it into cute jars herself. And then she turned it into a pie. See. I told you: She rocks.
- Micki's Iron Chef Mom Nutella challenge. Seriously, if you have a Nutealla recipe to share, you must go link up. Now. If you don't have a recipe to share, you must go there and drool at other people's recipes. Now.
And then of course there are the amazing Pin'Inspiration you all linked up to use last week. Here are three of my faves: A Real Blah-Buster: How To Invite Spring Into Your Kitchen from Meeha Meeha Nothing says Spring like Robin's Eggs. And it would totally unslump me to finally try my hand at making marshmallows. The two come together for these adorable Marshmallow Robin's Eggs by Twigg Studios. The coolest thing is that dish full of flour is indented using an egg. These indents are then used as the mould for the marshmallows. Awesome, right? And finally, an extra excitingly easy side dish to add to my unblahing repertoire: Balsamic Red Potatoes by Made In A Day. And now it's time to open up another Pin'Inpirational Link Party. Link up your most Pin'Inspiring post. But make sure you follow the rules first:
- Before you link up to the party, you must follow all of the hosts on Facebook. Jane, Micki, Marilyn and Me (Christine).
- Please visit at least two other links from below and leave some comment love!
- If you love comments, make sure you have captcha/word verification turned off!
- Please don’t link up your etsy store or giveaway.
- Spread the word about the party! The more the merrier!
Time to link up the party via our button. LETS P A R T A A A A A A Y!!!